Wednesday 9 July 2014

Empties of the Month - June

The days/ weeks/ months keep rushing straight past me! I can't believe June is already over and we are already 9 days in to July, seems mad to me. But I got through a lot of products in June, and so I have broken them down into 3 groups: hair, body and face.


Starting with hair - I finished the Garnier Ultimate Blends Vanilla milk and Papaya shampoo and conditioner. I really liked these 2 together actually, they weren't the ones from the Ultimate Blends range that I would usually have picked (I love all things coconut!) but I actually loved the scent of this. And that smell lasts all day, I could still smell it's lightly sweet scent in the afternoon! I think they made my hair look quite glossy and soft as well so thumbs up from me.

I also used up a Dove 60 Second Treatment Shot Intensive Repair for Damaged Hair (wow, that was a mouthful!). I received this in one of my monthly subscription boxes and I was actually quite impressed with it. I went off Dove hair products years ago (as in when I was a teenager) because the conditioners were so watery and thin that they did absolutely nothing and I thought they were a huge waste of money and never went back to them again. But it seems that Dove haircare has come a long way since then as this had a great effect on my hair. It was a much better consistency and really did leave my hair feeling nourished and silky. I may give their shampoos and conditioners another try if this is anything to go by.


These are the body products I got through, from left to right. Firstly, French Connection Body Wash. This was a beautifully fragranced body wash, I don't really know how to describe the smell but it was lush. Sadly it left my skin a bit dry but I think it has got too used to having all the 'nourishing' and 'moisturising' body wash products so this left it a bit bleurgh. Was fine after I whacked on some of the body lotion that came in the set though. Definitely worth it for the smell.

Radox Nourish Shea Butter and Ginger was a really lovely shower gel. I always come back to Radox or Nivea when it comes to shower gels as they are just so softening on the skin, and my legs can get really dry without it. I am not a massive fan of the scent of ginger but I actually couldn't really smell it in this.

MonuSpa Warming Ginger Massage and Body Oil was another product I liked a lot more than I thought I would. This does smell quite obviously of ginger but was surprisingly not off-putting. I used it by adding a few drops to my bath as the water was running and you could see it on your skin when you got out the bath because the water beaded on your skin. It made my skin feel soft but not oily. I did only use this in the evenings though, I wouldn't recommend using it in the morning before work etc!

Nspa Coconut Body Milk- I loved this body milk, I just love the smell of coconut in general. It was quite thin but with a milk that is kind of what you would expect. It wasn't an amazing moisturizer but was good for quickly spraying on when I had got out the showers at the gym. Good on the go and a great fragrance that lasts hours.

Next Sparkle - I have spoken about this perfume from Next before here. It is a brilliant dupe for Dolce and Gabbana The One and really does have longevity - great for if you are on a budget! I have already bought a new, bigger sized bottle because I love it so much.


Embryolisse Nourishing Moisturiser - I wasn't overly keen on this moisturiser if I'm honest. I had read some good reviews so I was quite looking forward to using it but I actually found it really thick for a face moisturiser and it didn't absorb amazingly well. I saw it through to the end though! But I wouldn't be re-purchasing.

RMK Makeup Base - I loved this primer. It seemed to help my face combat the excessive oiliness and hold my makeup relatively intact. if I was to make one complaint it would be that it is a bit watery but that isn't really a major issue as it still does a really good job. I would definitely repurchase this if it wasn't so expensive, I just don't think it is quite good enough for that kind of price tag! I am now using Rimmel's Stay Matte primer and that is very close to being just as good and for a mere fraction of the price.

Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit Daily Scrub - This scrub feels like it has lasted me forever!! I bought it roughly a year ago but was told that you should only use an exfoliant on your face once every couple of days and so have only used it 2-3 times a week and it has only just run out now. The smell of it is great and really refreshing. The exfoliant in it isn't harsh on your face but gritty enough so that you can feel it and get the impression it is working. It also did a pretty good job of keeping my skin clear - can't fault it! I would repurchase this product, even though I am now using something different.

Clinique Rinse Off Foaming Cleanser Mousse - Hmmm... I don't really know what to say about this product. It left my skin feeling 'squeaky clean', but I didn't like that. It made my face feel completely stripped of all oils, and it is nice to have a bit of oil on your face to keep it from being completely dried out. It's a good concept, I personally quite like foaming facial cleansers, but this is just far too harsh. My skin was left feeling a bit dry and itchy from this most days, and I usually suffer from very oily skin so I would not recommend this to those who usually have quite dry skin! Will definitely not be repurchasing.

L'oreal True Match The Powder - I love this powder too much, I'm always repurchasing. You may remember me writing a post on how this is the only powder for me (here) but I am now trying one from Sleek (the velvet one) and it really is very good. So I would therefore recommend this one, but also give the Sleek offering a try too.

So they are all my empties from June. I can't believe I got through so much! But again, a lot of them are only sample sizes and others I had been using for a couple of months before finishing them up.

Have you used any of these products? What are your favourites? All comments are welcome as always :)

No comments:

Post a Comment