Thursday 12 June 2014

Brilliant colours - Maybelline Color Tattoo 24HR

I have never been so impressed with an eye product as I was using these Maybelline Color Tattoo cream shadows! I know this is a strong claim to make, but I have used many different eyeliners and eye shadows and this is by far one of my favourites when it comes to application and colour. Here are those that I purchased:


Clockwise from top left we have: 05-Eternal Gold, 55-Immortal Charcoal, 70-Metallic Pomegranate, and 20-Turquoise Forever.

At the time of buying these they were actually on 3 for 2 in Boots so I had bought 3 (the blue, pomegranate and a purple shade) and had loved them so much that I had gone back and bought another 3! (Eternal Gold, Gold (which is a brighter gold) and charcoal). Sadly I had left the gold and purple shade at a friends and so I couldn't include them in the photos but they are gorgeous shades also. So I think I pretty much have every shade that's available in my local Boots!




As you can see from the swatches, these are heavily pigmented, shimmery shades. They show up so clearly and look absolutely lush on the eye. Most importantly though is how durable they are. I apply these in the morning before work and they are still in tact and perfect (no smudging!) when I get home, and that's after cycling there and back.

I personally wear these as eyeliners rather than full eyeshadows as I like just that small hit of colour. I use the Real Techniques Silicone Liner Brush to apply as it is easier than a bristles brush for me because of the consistency. It is so quick and easy to do, just swipe it on and off you go! They are so smooth to put on.

Have you tried any of these colour tattoos? What are your favourite shades? Are you also loving the brighter shades now that the sun is finally shining?

No comments:

Post a Comment