Tuesday 15 April 2014

My Perfect Relaxation!

Everyone knows what it's like, you go to work/ college etc all day and have 'just one of those days' then when you finally get home all you want to do is have a relaxing evening and wind-down to go to bed. I have these days quite a lot recently! And so I thought it would be good to share with you all just how I like to switch off when I step through my front door.

To start off with I run a nice, hot, very deep bath. Is there anything more relaxing than a nice hot bath?! I then light my favourite candle and starlight.




I got a Yankee Candle in Soft Blanket for Christmas and I absolutely love it. It's such a soft, calming scent with a slight sweet hint to it. Like all Yankee Candles it just somehow manages to make the entire room smell lush! My starlight was from a little stall in Winter Wonderland in London, my boyfriend bought it for me when we went last year and I just put a little tealight inside and it just looks gorgeous and makes beautiful patterns around the room. I love little things like that.

I bought some Dead Sea Spa Magik Salt Brushing ages ago and have only recently got in to using it.



As you can see from the picture, it is salt crystals within an oil, which is scented. This works to exfoliate and deeply nourish your skin at the same time and is great to use when bathing. You rub it in to dry skin all over so that the salt can lightly exfoliate and then relax in the bath and let the oils soak in to your skin. My skin has never felt so soft and nourished as after using this, it really is wonderful!

Then whilst laid enjoying the candles and the oil treating my skin I like to go the whole hog and apply a face mask and hair mask as well for a full head-to-toe treat! My favourites are this hair mask from Moroccan Oil and this face mask from The Body Shop. 



This hair mask is their restorative one and as you can see, it is really thick and great for an intense treatment for your hair once a week. I just apply this liberally through damp hair and just let it work for around 20-30mins before rinsing off. It leaves my hair ridiculously soft and I genuinely believe it goes a long way to repairing my split ends.


This clay face mask is from the Seaweed Collection at The Body Shop and is described as being good for oily skin with large pores. It works so well to absorb the oil on my face and leaves my skin feeling so refreshed and deeply clean. The smell admittedly is slightly off-putting but it is definitely worth putting up with for the wonders it does to your skin. 

And that's it, I am totally relaxed and pampered ready to face the world again. After a good nights sleep first...

How do you like to wind down after a busy, stressful day? In much the same way? All comments are more than welcome :)

No comments:

Post a Comment