Friday 25 April 2014

My favourite neutral lips

It may be pretty obvious to many by now, but I have an obsession with lipstick...I won't leave the house without some sort of colour on my lips, it just pulls a look together. Sadly for work I can't really get away with wearing my bright reds and purples that I love, so instead I like to wear a nice neutral/nude shade. I got thinking last night about what my favourite lips for work were and managed to narrow it down to these four (I told you I had far too many!)

So clockwise from top left we have Sleek Pout Polish in shade Bare Minimum 963, Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in shade 206 Nude Pink, Rimmel Moisture Renew Lisptick in shade 125 To Nude or Not To Nude? and finally my Seventeen Supreme Shine Lipstick in shade Bella.



So first, Seventeen Supreme Shine's contribution. I have already given a detailed review of this lipstick here but I love it so much that I couldn't leave it out of my Top Nudes list. Since buying it I pretty much where this lipstick every day. It's so soft and moisturising on the lips and is a gorgeous colour.




This moisture renew lipstick does just that, it gives such great hydration to the lips and doesn't show up any patches that may be on the dry side. It's a gorgeous shimmery beige-nude shade and has great pigmentation. It glides so easily on to the lip and although being quite subtle, it looks lush! If you are not a fan of shimmer based lipsticks than this is probably not for you, but if you are a fan then you should definitely add this to your collection. (This is shimmery not glittery)




I love this lipstick because it is a pink shade of nude, all the others I have are more of a beige nude. So this is my one differing one! This is one I have recently repurchased as I have been wearing it a lot, that's how much I love the colour. This lipstick is really durable, so it fits it's name perfectly. I easily get 3-4 hours out of this before it needs touching up. The colour pigmentation is also lovely, a nice gentle pink that looks great on the lip.




This offering from Sleek is different from the others in the fact that this is a tinted lip balm as opposed to a lipstick. It is a pale beige nude and does feel super-hydrating on the lips. The texture is that which you would expect from a balm and does leave a slight sheen on the lips with a subtle hint of colour. If great pigmentation is what you are after than this is probably not for you but it is great for a more natural look. I usually use this over the top of other lipsticks as well as it keeps the lips hydrated and I like the sheen it gives.

So there's my top 4 neutral shades. I am quite surprised that there aren't any high end products but I tend to buy these in the bright shades that I prefer to wear when I'm not having to tone down for work! Are any of your favourites in my list? If not, what are yours? All comments are very welcomed!

Sleek Pout Polish is available from Boots here for £4.49
Rimmel Lasting Finish lipstick is available from Boots here for £4.99
Rimmel Moisture Renew lipstick is available from Boots here for £6.49
Seventeen Supreme Shine lipstick is available exclusively from Boots here for £4.99

Boots currently also have a lot of make-up brands on 3 for 2 across all brands, the above are included :)

No comments:

Post a Comment